Sunday, July 10, 2011

DIY Welcome Mat

Hello! I wanted to share a little DIY post with you.



Supplies:
Blank Door Mat (I found this one at Ikea for around $10)
Spray Paint
Masking Tape
Stencils



I started by spray painting the entire mat a solid color.


Allow paint to dry thoroughly. Then you can be creative and use the tape and stencils to make your own design. (I tried to use the blue painters tape, but it would not stick down. I found some masking tape, and it worked much better.)


Then take your other color, and spray paint over the top of your tape. Spray until you can't see the bottom color anymore. Wait until it's dry, and then remove the tape. Removing the tape is always my favorite part! I usually can't wait for it to dry, and end up with paint all over my hands!


Ta-Da! You have a new door mat!

7 comments:

  1. Adorable!! I'm making one ASAP!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful!! I love your blog and your products!! Wish I was much younger so I could enjoy your clothing!! :)) You are truly an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boyfriend says "this is sweet!!!". I gotta try it! Thanks for the great idea!!!
    Cheers,
    Messy
    www.shelleysarina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is adorable! great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey! A very nice blog. the idea is also great. I like the way how it turned out. Thank you for sharing.Welcome mats

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really great and informative article about mats, I really like it and i appreciate your hard work. Get today Rubber Sheets Best entrance branded door mats , Branded Jet Print mats and Welcome branded door mats in different colors and sizes.

    ReplyDelete